カーソル・スイッチ

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Hate is hard to ignore

There is a lot of hate on Woozworld. Haters are sometimes too big to ignore. While hating back is not a good way to deal with bullies, it did make me think of a social experiment. [use with caution]


I had my main account (FastWifiForever) sent someone a nice message and got a backup account to send them a rude message. Both messages were simple, usually just one sentence. The people who I sent them to were chosen carefully, as I didn't want to give one to a depressed or sensitive user. Most of the people knew my regular account and not my backup


...but most of the time, the rude message got a reply before the nice one. In some cases, there was no reply to the nice one. I did tell them afterward that this was an experiment involving a backup account and they understood. I was surprised that none were especially mad at me as the experiment felt kind of awkward (consider me lucky). But the point of the experiment was proven: ignoring a hater isn't easy and people aren't going to forget those words. It also shows that it's harder to fix than it is to break. I may not have been a real bully but this did give me some insight on what a real bully victim would do to fend off haters.


This post was brought to you by FastWifiForever


No comments:

Post a Comment